This former disposal area and parking lot is located adjacent to the GM Tonawanda Powertrain facility. The former disposal area received waste materials from 1921 through 1978, and for brief periods between 2001 and 2003 to manage structurally unsuitable soil and concrete debris generated as part of a plant expansion project. The 15.04-acre site is bounded to the north and west by DuPont Yerkes Plant, by GM property to the south and by Kenmore Avenue and DuPont property to the east.
>> Download Our Marketing Brochure for Site
The former disposal area is covered with topsoil and vegetation and was delisted from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Registry in 1996. No further regulatory oversight or post-closure monitoring is required, and no future cleanup or operational, maintenance and management (OM&M) activities are anticipated.
>> Download Environmental Reports
>> View Additional Photos of the Property